Error message

  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /home/constrie/public_html/includes/
  • Deprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in menu_set_active_trail() (line 2405 of /home/constrie/public_html/includes/

Navan Worker Awarded Compensation After Explosion

A construction worker from Navan, Co Meath has been awarded compensation for an injury he sustained in an explosion caused by overheating the radiator of the digger which he was using. Thirty-two-year-old Pawel Ciawlowski suffered burns to 14 per cent of his body during the explosion, on his arms, face, abdomen and chest. He was immediately rushed to St James’ Hospital in Dublin.
Pawel claimed compensation from his employer, Emdan Developments Limited of Bective Street Kells, claiming negligence. Pawel called that his employers knowingly exposed him to the overheating radiator.
Pawel was awarded €49,757 in compensation, for what Mr Justice Iarflaith O’Neill described as a “nasty injury”.